· Eligibility : To be eligible, candidates must satisfy the followings:
- Be citizens of the partnering countries designated by the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Korea
- Be officially nominated by his/her government
- Be government officials or employees of the public organizations or institutions in environment and environment-related departments (over three years of experience, only permanent employee)
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree officially recognized by the government as of the date of arrival to Korea
- Have a good command of both spoken and written English
- Not have participated in any of the Korean government’s scholarship programs(Master’s degree or higher) before
- Have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for an extended period of time
- Meet the selection conditions for universities
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of study under this program
· Number of Recipients : Approximately 20~30
· Subsidies : Full-ride scholarship with a monthly stipend is provided. Details of financial support by MGLEP include the following expenses:
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation (dormitory of academic institution)
- Living allowance (including meals): KRW 999,000 per month
- Travel expenses (Airfare): Round-trip economy class ticket
- Miscellaneous travel expenses: KRW 200,000 upon arrival
- Allowance for textbooks and materials: KRW 400,000 per year
- Extracurricular activities, such as study and field trips during the program
- A medical checkup
· Academic Institutions :Designated universities in Korea
· Application Timeline
※ The schedule is subject to change depending on circumstances.
· Submission of Documents
- The required documents should arrive at the KEITI office by both email and postal mail no later than the application deadline.
· English Score Report
- The score report of English proficiency test is required to submit for all applicants. We encourage all applicants to submit the score report, but if you do not have a score, you can submit any proof of your English proficiency.
· All courses are conducted entirely in English.
- Applicant interviews are mandatory. An online interview will be conducted for those applicants who have passed the 1st round (Evaluation of Application Documents). The interview will be conducted in English.
· No delay in admission
- An offer of admission to the program is made only for the upcoming academic year. Acceptance of the offer is not deferred.
- Dormitory residence is mandatory for all MGLEP students. Students should stay in the dormitory provided by his/her academic institution.
· Not allowed to bring family members
- As MGLEP is an intensive program which requires students of full commitment and concentrated endeavors for studying, participants are not allowed to bring any family members.